Civil Engineer (University of Patras, 1977), Geotechnical Engineer (MEng, UC Berkeley, California, 1980).
CEO and scientific director of GEOCONSULT Ltd. since 1992 until today. He has extensive experience in managing and coordinating numerous geotechnical, geo-environmental and geological studies since 1982 both in Greece and abroad (UK, Ove Arup & Partners 1987-1988) as well as in managing the company since 1992. Within the above context, and his long-lasting involvement in the Special Scientific Committee of Soil Mechanics and Foundations of the Technical Chamber of Greece, in which he was continually a member between 1992-2010, Mr. Platis has considerable experience in:
- The coordination of working groups aiming in the complete and unobstructed coverage of all the project-related tasks, and the periodic accomplishment of the set objectives at high level of quality and within the prescribed times.
- The collaboration in all levels with designers, contractors and administrative agencies of the public sector with strict adherence to professional ethics.
- Geotechnical studies for a wide range of private and public works, as well as studies of geotechnical projects (retaining structures, landslide restorations, ground improvement works etc.) geo-environmental studies (sanitary landfills, restoration of uncontrolled landfills and contaminated groundwater) as well as numerous other projects.
- Issues related to training and updating of the technical world in Geotechnical Engineering through the organization of lectures, workshops and conferences and with accessibility via the Internet to selected scientific papers, as part of his participation in the Special Scientific Committee of Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering of TCG and in the Technical committee 211 (TC-211) for soil improvement methods of the International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE).
- Research and lifelong education topics, proven by a significant track record of publications in Greek and International conferences and journals.